My friend Sue, from Fiber Lingo, and I have begun getting together now and then to learn new techniques that we can both incorporate into our own work. A couple of weeks ago I went over to her house and we made felted miliflori beads drawing from her vast collection of beautifully colored fleece. We started by rolling up individual colors then grouping those together and covering the whole bunch of them with even more wool. At the end of this step our logs looked like this: (mine is the bluer one)
All of this abuse was well worth the effort when we cut off the ends of our rolls and saw what was inside:
Thanks to Interweave Felt Magazine and their article by Carol Cypher for the directions for this project.